Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula tool if condition

murthybhs
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone,

This might be more of a programming/logic question rather than question about the tool. I have a dataset that looks like this:

murthybhs_0-1623210688519.png

I need an if condition to give anything greater than $200,000 and ((Time >= 15) or (3 times the Period)) whichever is sooner to output a separate column as exclude. The rest as keep. Let me know if the question is not phrased correctly. Any help in getting to this logic would be highly appreciated. Thank you all great folks at Alteryx Community.

2 REPLIES 2
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @murthybhs ,

Can you elaborate more on what you mean by saying whichever is sooner? As in, sooner is the smallest % difference from your limit value?

An example always helps, so thank you for providing us with an input (again an actual file is more of help as people can use it straight away than typing the values from a screenshot). Can you also give an example of what the output should be and talk as through the logic.

Thanks,

Angelos

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @murthybhs,

If I understand you correctly you just want to filter out the data that don't meet the criteria mentioned by you.

This is the formula you should use for the filter:

[Amount]>200000 AND ([Period]*3)>[Time] OR [Time]>=15

Emil_Kos_0-1623222367416.png

Labels