Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula defaults to Else 50+

DeanoNY
7 - Meteor

Good day 

I have a formula that I have written and I am getting null values that default to 50+. I have tried to write is null then statement but that is not working.

There are null values in the field. 

Here is my formula 

If [Opportunity_Employees_Paid_Per_Payroll__c]<=4 then '1-4'
Elseif [Opportunity_Employees_Paid_Per_Payroll__c]>=5 && [Opportunity_Employees_Paid_Per_Payroll__c]<=9 then '5-9'
Elseif [Opportunity_Employees_Paid_Per_Payroll__c]>=10 && [Opportunity_Employees_Paid_Per_Payroll__c]<=19 then '10-19'
Elseif [Opportunity_Employees_Paid_Per_Payroll__c]>=20 && [Opportunity_Employees_Paid_Per_Payroll__c]<=49 then '20-49'
Else '50+'
Endif

6 REPLIES 6
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Your formula does not account for null values, so if a null value is encountered it will evaluate to your "else" condition of "50+".  What do you want null values to evaluate as?  

DeanoNY
7 - Meteor

I would like the null value to be 0

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

0 is a number though, and all your values evaluate to a string.  Still, you can just add a line right before the 50+ line that says if IsNull([field name]),'0'

But again, just know that it won't be the number 0, but rather the character 0.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Unless you mean that you want to treat a null for [Opportunity_Employees_Paid_Per_Payroll__c] as zero, and have your formula evaluate to 1-4.  Then you can change your first line of code to:
If IsNull([Opportunity_Employees_Paid_Per_Payroll__c]) OR [Opportunity_Employees_Paid_Per_Payroll__c]<=4 then '1-4'

DeanoNY
7 - Meteor

Awesome thank you for the advice and the help

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Welcome!

Labels