Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula Tool

hii_amit
7 - Meteor

I am new to Aletryx

i have used the formula so far like this to populate Sep, Oct, Nov and Dec

if [Final Status]="In Seat" then [July]-([July]*[Voluntary Attrition]) else [Sep] endif

i don't want to use use Voluntary attrition % in calculation where Group Data will result in negative number by Dec as highlighted in RED for VP grade in the below screen shot, it should populate what is there in July for consecutive months

hii_amit_5-1601874494247.png

hii_amit_2-1601873897281.png

20 REPLIES 20
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hii_amit ,

Just a question why is Aug not considered and why is Sep calculated based on July and not previous calculation. Should i consider same calculation?

Can you provide your preexisting workflow i am not able to replicate the logic. The number are missing out somewhere.

hii_amit
7 - Meteor

well i was doing the modelling by taking July as base, and reached in Sep while completing this modeling in Excel.

hence i just ignored Aug, you can take Aug based on the similar formula for Sep and Oct.

i need to only apply attrition modelling for "In seat" where i have positive numbers in Dec after grouping all the Final Status  

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hii_amit ,

I am still not able to get to numbers you are getting. If you give a workflow till where you are getting table with -1 as output. I can definitely fix it from there.

And if any months hits -1 it should take Jul data right?

hii_amit
7 - Meteor

existing workflow cant be shared as it has official data 

is there a way i can share it without data. i am new to alteryx hence dont know how this type of sharing happens

hii_amit_0-1601877090358.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hii_amit ,

Can you share only that -1 table red highlighted as a excel.

hii_amit
7 - Meteor

Give me some time as i have created that as dummy data for the probable solution, i will create work based on that and share in next 20 to 30 minutes

Thanks for your effort, will share workflow in next 20 to 30 minutes

hii_amit
7 - Meteor

I have uploaded the work flow

below 4 data points which are filtered should be excluded from the attrition % as they are negative in Dec

hii_amit_0-1601880701789.png

hii_amit_1-1601880759730.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hii_amit ,

Since you cant provide me the actual data. Can you provide me the output before filter Tool.

Add a browse tool before filter tool. And you can save it to a file using below option highlighted option.

atcodedog05_0-1601881434976.png

And another pointer you can try out. After filter tool take connection from False and where Dec is negative for these rows change column values to Jul values. And union back True and False like below.

atcodedog05_1-1601881718919.png

Hope this helps 🙂

hii_amit
7 - Meteor

Browse before Filter

Labels