Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula Tool

DararithYat
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I have 2 question would like to ask in Formula Tool. Guess I don't need to attach sample data at all. 

1. My Data show as quarterly value and I want to find monthly value by using Total amount divided by 3. Is anyone can help me with the formula to write in "fx" expression?

2. I want to add a column First Date of Current Month. For example like this month is October and I want to put it on October 01, 2020. what is the best "fx" expression here? Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @DararithYat, is the attached solution somewhat along the lines of what you are looking for?

AbhilashR_0-1601865920740.png

GaneshBo
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @DararithYat ,

1. The expression for this formula is just translating what you have written: the column name of quarterly value divided by 3, i.e. [Column name] / 3

GaneshBo_1-1601866189530.png

2. The expression is: DateTimeFirstOfMonth()

GaneshBo_0-1601866171366.png

I hope this helps! I have attached a sample workflow for your reference.

Best,

Ganesh

DararithYat
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Ganesh. First I saw Date of the First month too, then I tried to kill the left 10 digit and I did not change my formula that's why it keep showing me wrong date that I don't want. Now it works. I appreciate the help. 

DararithYat
6 - Meteoroid

Yes. it is. Thanks and I appreciate the help. 

Labels