Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula Tool

DararithYat
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I have 2 question would like to ask in Formula Tool. Guess I don't need to attach sample data at all. 

1. My Data show as quarterly value and I want to find monthly value by using Total amount divided by 3. Is anyone can help me with the formula to write in "fx" expression?

2. I want to add a column First Date of Current Month. For example like this month is October and I want to put it on October 01, 2020. what is the best "fx" expression here? Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @DararithYat, is the attached solution somewhat along the lines of what you are looking for?

AbhilashR_0-1601865920740.png

GaneshBo
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @DararithYat ,

1. The expression for this formula is just translating what you have written: the column name of quarterly value divided by 3, i.e. [Column name] / 3

GaneshBo_1-1601866189530.png

2. The expression is: DateTimeFirstOfMonth()

GaneshBo_0-1601866171366.png

I hope this helps! I have attached a sample workflow for your reference.

Best,

Ganesh

DararithYat
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Ganesh. First I saw Date of the First month too, then I tried to kill the left 10 digit and I did not change my formula that's why it keep showing me wrong date that I don't want. Now it works. I appreciate the help. 

DararithYat
6 - Meteoroid

Yes. it is. Thanks and I appreciate the help. 

Labels