Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula Help

ManuelRodrigues
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am having some issues with the formulae tool, i.e. if you look at the posting date and document dates column they have different dates but as per the formulae i was expecting that if the document number is not ZI then the dates in Document date 2 and Posting date 2 should mirror Document Date & Posting Date. At the moment its pulling the Posting dates?

Thanks,

M

5 REPLIES 5
DataNath
17 - Castor

@ManuelRodrigues are you able to clarify this a little bit more, I'm not sure I fully follow what you want here? In your formula expression, you give the same outcome whether or not your condition is met and so regardless of the [DOCUMENT TYPE], the result will always be your [DOCUMENT DATE 2] field being changed to [POSTING DATE 2]. If you can provide a bit more of an explanation of the logic here and what you expect the outcome to be for each field if the [DOCUMENT TYPE] is (not) 'ZI' then that'd definitely help us to answer the query, thanks!

DataNath_0-1666088758655.png

ManuelRodrigues
8 - Asteroid

@DataNath Thanks Bud. So ideally the result i want is that if the condition i.e. doc type ZI is not met then the Document Date 2 and posting date 2 should mirror the results that are in Doc Date and Posting Date. The document date 2 and posting date 2 come off a multirow simply to change the format of the original posting date and document date columns. hope this makes a bit more sense?

DataNath
17 - Castor

So is this what you're after @ManuelRodrigues? The 2 expressions basically just say: if the document type isn't 'ZI' then change [DOCUMENT DATE 2] to match [DOCUMENT DATE], otherwise keep [DOCUMENT DATE 2] as is. The Posting date one is also the same:

DataNath_0-1666089682242.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @ManuelRodrigues , Please find the solution. You just have to use 2 if conditions in formula tool one for Doc Date and Other for Posting date. Please refer the workflow for you requirement.

Sapna Gupta
ManuelRodrigues
8 - Asteroid

@grazitti_sapna @DataNath thanks for the help!

Labels