Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formatting from excel in Alteryx numbers and strings

Asimkz157
7 - Meteor

Hello all and thank you in advance for any help you can provide.  I have a excel workbook which contains multiple sheets and contained within those sheets are string data type and numbers.  Ideally I would like to have everything nice and formatted in column and rows or if not format the numbers at 2 decimal places. For example the tons and team tons from the "T Name" column would be 1.00 or 22.00 and everything else should be formatted in currency $$$.$$.  I also have percentages, "balloon percentage" would be a percent.  

I was also trying to get the months from F4, F5 and so on.  It's contained in the same column as numbers so converting it to a double data type would remove the month names.  Attached is a sample of my workflow.  My end goal is to convert each statement for each individual user into a PDF and sent by email. 

12 REPLIES 12
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Yes, you can nest.  Looks though like you're combining boolean IIF with IF/THEN/ELSE.  I tend to stick with one or the other (boolean is my favorite since less typing:  IIF(x,y,z) = "if x, then y, else z").

With nesting though, you have to leave the case that isn't covered by any of the nests for the very last.  So in boolean it'd be like this (I added some spacing to make it more readable, and also I totally forgot that you don't need the Round function because if you change it to Number, and then a String, you can make use of the "numDec" and "addThousandsSeparator" arguments within the ToString function - see ToString

ToString
(

IIF([T Name]='Tons',ToString(ToNumber([_CurrentField_]),2,1),
IIF([T Name]='Customer Contribution','$'+ToString(ToNumber([_CurrentField_]),2,1),
[_CurrentField_]
))

)

Asimkz157
7 - Meteor

Thank you, that works like a charm.  I still have a lot to learn on the available tools and proper use of syntax.  

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Welcome!

Labels