Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Forecasting Data tool

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have five years sales data from 2019 to 2023 in Month wise. I want to forecasting this data and predict the volume for year 2024 and 2025 also I want to know which month we will be receive high  and low sales volume. I have attached my sales volume report for your reference. Please have a look at it and advise me.

3 REPLIES 3
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Dhilip_Kumar 

You can try ETS tool under "Time Series" category. The attached WF is for your reference.

image.png

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

@gawa Thank you for your help. Much Appreciated and it works perfectly. Would it possible to forecast various types of Products sales in single chart and how can we get those output as pdf. I have attached new input file with various products sales volume. Please advice me.

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

I would suggest splitting the data into the first 3 years and th elast 2 years and push the data both through an ARIMA (possibly with covariance) and an ETS tool and then use the TS compare tool on the most recent 2 years to see which model works better with unseen data. Then train the better model with the complete data set.

This way you might get a better forecast

Labels