Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Flat file saved as a zip file

mehbpar
7 - Meteor

Hello All.

I am trying to extract data from this zip file attached as a text file so i can process the file for further use, however i am not able to turn the zip file into .txt file. 

I have tried using the .zip format in Alteryx , also saving it as .csv and changing the option to say allow file >2gb.

can someone please help me get this file from .zip to .txt in such a way that i can then run the fixed width file logic.

Thank you In Advance,

Mehul 

7 REPLIES 7
dana_mcdonough
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @mehbpar - is there a reason you can't use the CSV option? You should be able to parse through your column ingesting it as a CSV.

dana_mcdonough
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Here is an article where another user has utilized CSV option with pipe delimiter: Reading txt from zip 

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@mehbpar 

Find in attachement one way of extracting data from this zip file and export it in .txt file.

Is it what you want to do ?

Let me know if there is any issue.

Emmanuel_G_0-1664198526659.png

mehbpar
7 - Meteor

Hello Dana,

IT does not work as the .zip file is actually stored as .flat file then needs to be converted to .txt

SO i need to take the zip file extract as .flat file then open as .txt file 

mehbpar
7 - Meteor

it looks like it is my mistake in posting the question, my file is actually zip to flat to txt. But since it is a company file i could not save it as is. 

Can u please help me with the same but with zip to .flat file to .txt

dana_mcdonough
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@mehbpar what do you mean "the .zip is actually stored as a flat file?" What I'm hearing is that you want to read in a .zip and output to a .txt. What is not working? Can you send the error or description of the issue? Also attach you workflow?

dana_mcdonough
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

dana_mcdonough_0-1664199308494.pngdana_mcdonough_1-1664199345923.png

Labels