Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find polygons in grid iteratively - not finding all points

Claje
14 - Magnetar

So the attached workflow is pretty basic/straightforward so far.

There was a really cool "Make Hex Grid" alteryx macro that was published recently, so I wanted to try out building an iterative macro to pick all spaces within X range of the location.

The iterative macro itself still needs some cleanup for some basic things like not creating a grid on the 0'th iteration, but it works for a distance of 2.

GoodHexGrid.png

However, when I go to distances larger than 2, there's this really odd behavior where some hexes will not appear.  This occurs consistently, but is still confusing. I'm sure this is a somewhat obvious miss, but I'm hoping for some help in sorting this out.

The left-most hex on the center row is missing.The left-most hex on the center row is missing.

EDIT: What's even weirder is that if I place the iterative macro one after another in a series and run them, it seems to work exactly right?

1 REPLY 1
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Sorted out a solution - changing the summarize methodology to "Convex Hull" rather than "Combine" Resolved this - assuming its because that extra space was only counting once for some reason.

Labels