Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Find our similar address

vishnu_2920
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I have a requirement one of source data Input i have  company name and address columns, I need to find out for similar  address's how many company's were listed for same address. Data Looks like below

Sample data attached 

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @vishnu_2920 

Only best way is to have a lookup table and fix the address like below.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1626681027886.png

Hope this helps : )

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @vishnu_2920 ,

Here is a workflow grouping based on address and counting number of company for each address !

KilianL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @vishnu_2920 ,

If you can create a lookup-table like atcodedog05 used in his solution, this is the most precise way of doing it. Using a summarize tool afterwards like in Jean-Balteryx solution can count the number of companies for the same address.

If the lookup-table is not an option, you can use fuzzy matching to group addresses together.

Your data looks like the address field can have spelling mistakes, hence you need to group similar names together. This can be done with 'Fuzzy Matching'. See example attached.

You have to adjust the settings of the fuzzy match tool to match your data. It is not an exact science, and often you are not able to find all similar names. But it helps you to automate parts of the manual work.

Please mark this as the solution if it answers your question, it will help others to find solutions quicker.

Kind Regards,
Kilian
Solutions Engineer - Alteryx

Labels