Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Find Nearest Tool range restriction

LiuZhang
9 - Comet

A bit surprised to find the tool has a dropdown with limited range, I thought I remembered it as text box I can add in much bigger values. Was that a new update?

I can use Distance tool to build the flow, though it is rather annoying to complicate it.

Find Nearest tool UI improvement for over 100 Mile... - Alteryx Community

Screenshot 2023-11-17 102226.png

6 REPLIES 6
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I voted to the above Idea.

Fortunately "Max Distance" and its unit(km/miles) is editable by Interface tool, so creating macro would be a kind of workaround, though we have to compromise about  having to fix input data schema...

image.png

LiuZhang
9 - Comet

I did append reference points, doing distance calculation and filter, ideally I'd like to do it one tool 😅

Macro to update one value here is bit overkill for me.

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Agreed. Append+Distance is not as fast as done in Find Nearest tool. Hope UI improvement will come soon.

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I thought you could just type a different value in that box, right? So, instead of 100 it becomes 500 or even greater?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@LiuZhang 
Good catch.
It appears to be "new update".
I checked my old version of alteryx and we could type in some bigger value. But we are now allowed to do in the newer version.
Lets raise it up.

FindNearest.PNG

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This is now considered a defect and will be fixed in later versions!

Find Nearest Defect.png

Labels