Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering selected (and dynamic) rows that contain null values - except one

datauser4234
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I would like to be able to retain the original RecordID of all items from my input but also delete (or filter) all null rows, including consideration of columns that may not be included currently.

For example - In illustration 1 I have an input where rows 5 and 7 are Null. I would like to filter (or retain) only rows that are non-null. I can do this using a filter easily. But in my workflow the inputs are dynamic and the columns headers are not always consistent. Therefore, I would like to retain the RecordID but filter out or delete any rows that are null (not considering the RecordID column). See Illustration 2 for wanted results

Has anyone come across a solution to this? Thanks in advance! 

Illustration 1

datauser4234_1-1656611022950.png

Illustration 2

datauser4234_0-1656611663045.png

13 REPLIES 13
datauser4234
7 - Meteor

When I do that in the example attached it ends up dropping the "Revenue" title and replacing it with "Record z" for some reason. 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @datauser4234 

Not sure how this works but does this workflow solve the issue:

IraWatt_0-1656617774683.png

datauser4234
7 - Meteor

It does not but I think I got it. I ended up pulling the info from the field using the Field Info tool, adding some replace functions on the source name and then using it to rename titles that came out of the cross tab tool back to the original. 

Thank you very much for all of the help with this!!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @datauser4234 Glad you got there in the end 😄

Labels