Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter unique records and always get first record based on two conditions

Parthasarathi
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am working with Alteryx Designer and facing issue with Filtering unique records and always get first record based on two conditions. 

I have a excel similar to the below table, I have to match the record based on the name with another excel. But based on the Group and Status column I need to pick the first row of matching, if it is Inactive then I need to select the next Active one

NameGroupStatusExpected Record to be picked
AaaaAActiveYes
AaaaAActive 
BbbbBInactiveYes
BbbbBInactive 
CcccCInactive 
CcccCActiveYes
DdddDInactive 
DdddDInactive 
DdddDInactive 
DdddDActiveYes

I have tried with Select sample type, but it is failing for "Cccc", dont have idea to implement condition with Select Sample Type Component. 

15 REPLIES 15
flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @Parthasarathi 

What are you want ?  there is not used AMP.

flying008_0-1682307432742.png

Input   Output  

NameGroupStatus NameGroupStatus
AaaaAActive AaaaAActive
AaaaAActive BbbbBInactive
BbbbBInactive CcccCActive
BbbbBInactive DdddDActive
CcccCInactive EeeeEActive
CcccCActive EeeeFInactive
DdddDInactive    
DdddDInactive    
DdddDInactive    
DdddDActive    
EeeeEActive    
EeeeFInactive    

Parthasarathi
8 - Asteroid

@flying008,

It is not satisfying the Condition when the Name is same and the Group is different. 

For the below data, the Name is same and Group is different, in that case it should check the Active one, but instead it is picking the Inactive as well. And when using Select Sample Type to pick first one, it is going with the InActive one.

EeeeEActive
EeeeFInactive
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @Parthasarathi 

Can you give mine a try? the main difference with the other workflows is that I summarize the records, which reduces duplicated records, then it sample the first record by the name field only (I previously sort the data by Name, Status).

hth

Arnaldo

Parthasarathi
8 - Asteroid

@ArnaldoSandoval ,

It is solved with your latest workflow and by adding Group column to the sorting. Thank you for your time!

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Good morning, @Parthasarathi 

Sorry, I'm just seeing your updated use case now - yes, add Group to the sorting (ascending) and it should work.

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Also...looking at the updated solutions, @ArnaldoSandoval solution will get you what you need, right?

👉Kindly consider marking @ArnaldoSandoval as an acceptable solution to give credit 😎

Thank you for staying engaged and for liking all the other contributions - cheers!

Labels