Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter unique records and always get first record based on two conditions

Parthasarathi
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am working with Alteryx Designer and facing issue with Filtering unique records and always get first record based on two conditions. 

I have a excel similar to the below table, I have to match the record based on the name with another excel. But based on the Group and Status column I need to pick the first row of matching, if it is Inactive then I need to select the next Active one

NameGroupStatusExpected Record to be picked
AaaaAActiveYes
AaaaAActive 
BbbbBInactiveYes
BbbbBInactive 
CcccCInactive 
CcccCActiveYes
DdddDInactive 
DdddDInactive 
DdddDInactive 
DdddDActiveYes

I have tried with Select sample type, but it is failing for "Cccc", dont have idea to implement condition with Select Sample Type Component. 

15 REPLIES 15
Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @Parthasarathi ,

How about sorting before sampling?

Workflow

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1682254424128.png

Output

Yoshiro_Fujimori_1-1682254439993.png

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

@Parthasarathi  and @Yoshiro_Fujimori 

If the AMP Engine is enabled you need the solution posted by Yoshiro, while if the AMP Engine is disabled you do not need the second sort 😮

hth

Arnaldo

Parthasarathi
8 - Asteroid

@Yoshiro_Fujimori,

Thank you for your Quick Reply, I am reading an excel which has more than 20K records, Even  I have changed the record limit to 30K, but still few records are not coming. Hence the sorting not helping to get all group matching to a name. Still getting one "Inactive" where in the source I could see an Active record for it

Parthasarathi
8 - Asteroid

@ArnaldoSandoval,

Yes, the AMP engine is enabled and with @Yoshiro_Fujimori's proposed solution is not working for me

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

@Parthasarathi 

My solution is a bit different to the one posted by Yoshiro, as I am using a Summarise tool; Would you be able to share a sample of your Excel file, including some of the offending records (those still with unexpected result)

thanks,

Arnaldo

Parthasarathi
8 - Asteroid

@ArnaldoSandoval 

Sample records attached, I have added a column "Expected to be picked" ignore it from your solution. These are the scenarios creating issues. 

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @Parthasarathi 

Kindly consider adding the following treatment to your workflow.

I hope you find it helpful - Cheers!

RobertOdera_0-1682257324224.png

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

You're most welcome @Parthasarathi!

Parthasarathi
8 - Asteroid

@RobertOdera,

It's failed in the below scenario, I think it is due to the grouping. 

NameGroupStatusExpected Record to be picked 
AaaaAActiveYes 
AaaaAActive  
BbbbBInactiveYes 
BbbbBInactive  
CcccCInactive  
CcccCActiveYes 
DdddDInactive  
DdddDInactive  
DdddDInactive  
DdddDActiveYes 
EeeeEActiveYesFailed here