Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter on Result Set

msedrech0114
7 - Meteor

I think the filter feature in Result Set for each node only covers the partial results, is that correct?

Would it be better if filter in node covers the entire data?

Thank you very much in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@msedrech0114 
Just like other tools, there is a limitation set to prevent intensive memory usage.

So Browse Tool is there to see all the result when necessary!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @msedrech0114 

You are correct.  The result set filter only covers the displayed results.  Since this will involve a change to the way that Designer works, you may want to submit this as an idea.  

Dan

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @msedrech0114 - You can add Filter Tool to Workflow from the Results window. In 2020.4 when you filter a column in the Results window, select the Apply Data Manipulations icon (checkmark). This action adds a Filter tool to your workflow with the filter condition that you applied in the Results window.

ArtApa_0-1610221051374.png

This is possible in a number of previous versions, but actions are different.

msedrech0114
7 - Meteor

Thank you for reply. The reason of my question was I just want to test something on the result set if in case you don't like to re-run the entire workflow again especially if the data source contains millions of records. And I thought I can use the column filter but I noticed it only covers the partial results. Hence, I guess it's not that useful at all just my opinion. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@msedrech0114 
Somehow I came to realize what you need is a detour tool maybe.

You can use detour tool to filter only your partial data for test purpose.

Then change it for full dataset.

detour.PNG

Detour1.PNG

Labels