Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter for offsetting entries with no unique identifier

overhead_press
8 - Asteroid

I have a dataset that I want to remove offsetting entries from, which means two values that sum exactly to zero. However, there isn't an unique identifier to group the data in so I just want the criteria to be the values alone. The offsetting entries wont be beside each other like in my example and could exist anywhere in my table. So as long as it finds an offsetting entry in the table and each entry can only be offset once. Thanks in advance!

Example:

ClientAmount
A100
B-100
C200
D100
E-200
F-200

Desired result: 

ClientAmount
A100
B-100

C

E

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @overhead_press 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1642446632867.png

Hope this helps : )

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

In your scenario is it true that the first entry of a value is always the match entry (ie C matches with E - not F). There has to be a logic to that. Also are there repeated matches (ie multiple 200s and -200s)- each of which match?

overhead_press
8 - Asteroid

It doesn't have to be, it just needs to pair with an offsetting value (ex. 300 and -300). And yes there could be repeated values (Ex. Multiple 300s and -300s) but each row can only be matched/offsetted once. 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

slightly different approach - tile tool.png

In the even that @atcodedog05 's version doesn't fully do what you need - take a look. This one has a slightly different approach. (Tile Tool)

Labels