Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter Out

Klachner
7 - Meteor

!Contains(toString([CountDistinct_receiving_entity]), "1") and !contains([Allocation Condition],"X")

This formula is filtering out when CountDistinct_receiving_entity]),=1 AND when the Allocation Condition= X

I want it to have to meet both conditions to be filtered out. 

Examples of data I want to stay in the dataset.

[CountDistinct_receiving_entity] = 1 and [Allocation Condition] = Y

[CountDistinct_receiving_entity] = 2 and [Allocation Condition] = X

[CountDistinct_receiving_entity] = 2 and [Allocation Condition] = Y

6 REPLIES 6
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I would do just that then - make your condition [CountDistinct_receiving_entity]=1 and contains([Allocation Condition],"Y")

Klachner
7 - Meteor

But i have multiple options for Count_Distinct_receiving_entity not just 1.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ok then can you update this statement from above to be what you need?

"I want it to have to meet both conditions to be filtered out. So if CountDistinct_receiving_entity =1 and Allocation Condition is Y i want that data to stay in the dataset"

Klachner
7 - Meteor

I think that accurately describes that I want it to have to meet both criteria in order to be filtered out. If only one of the conditions is met, I want it to stay in the dataset. I tried to update the original post with examples. Let me know if that helps

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar
!(Contains(toString([CountDistinct_receiving_entity]), "1") and contains([Allocation Condition],"X"))
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It does help, but I also think my original answer still fits then: [CountDistinct_receiving_entity]=1 and contains([Allocation Condition],"X")

You would just keep the F anchor instead of the T anchor!

Labels