Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter Out data from Dataset

Klachner
7 - Meteor

I am trying to filter out data from my dataset. I want to filter out data that match two conditions in two columns in my workflow. Here is the formula I have written out but this is going to filter the data for this data and I want everything but this data

Contains([CountDistinct_receiving_entity], "1") and contains([Allocation Condition],"X"

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Klachner can you try 

!Contains(toString([CountDistinct_receiving_entity]), "1") and !contains([Allocation Condition],"X")

Klachner
7 - Meteor

The error I get is "Parse Error at char (2): Formula tried to apply string operator to numeric value (contains)"

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Klachner updated the original post

!Contains(toString([CountDistinct_receiving_entity]), "1") and !contains([Allocation Condition],"X")

Klachner
7 - Meteor

Amazing! Thank you!

Klachner
7 - Meteor

Upon further review.. this formula is filtering out both CountDistinct_receiving_entity]),=1 AND Allocation Condition= X... I want it to have to meet both conditions to be filtered out. So if CountDistinct_receiving_entity =1 and Allocation Condition is Y i want that data to stay in the dataset

Labels