Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filling some empty column of one file from another data file without using join or append?

praty2094
6 - Meteoroid

I have two data sheet which needs to be combined into a single file. The master data sheet contains all information but the employee details are missing, these need to be filled up from another data sheet. How can I do it without using join or append function as these gives added columns or rows.?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

The join tool  is exactly what you are after here, and though you mention that it gives 'added columns', you can use a select tool after the join (or even within the join) in order to remove any unecessary columns.

Your join field would be the UID field.

Please give this a go and let us know if you have any problems.

Ben

praty2094
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @BenMoss 

Yeah, the method mentioned by you seemed to be the perfect solution to my problem. I later removed those right colmns.

Thanks

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @praty2094,

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread. If you have any questions or concerns with the solution(s) I selected please let me know by replying to this post.

As the original author, you also have the ability to mark replies as solutions! Going forward, I’d encourage you to identify the solution or solutions that helped you solve your problem, as it's a big help to other community members. Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

Thanks!

Dan

Labels