Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Filling a template using info from another file

kcoleman
8 - Asteroid

My Alteryx no0bness coming out again. I'm having trouble getting this to work and I'm sure I'm just not seeing the simplest way to go about it.

I need to fill the attached template with the info in the attached list. The list will have multiple lines and statuses with 'Additional information required to determine if relevant' or 'True HIT' are what need to go into the template, and then output one template for each line.

I've marked which columns fill which cells in the template.

What's the best way to approach this?

1 REPLY 1
JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

I also do not think I am a very experienced user, but there are 2 possible solutions that came to my mind:

- you can set up the template using Alteryx reporting tools and then populate the fields using the workflow and output from Alteryx a ready-to-send file

- you can leave the template as is in excel and link the values to the second tab in the same file. This second tab can be populated with alteryx.

You can automatically create multiple outputs thanks to output tool - see configuration below:

Jarek_0-1639140958901.png

Labels