Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fill non - null with existing value

shreya2811
7 - Meteor

Hi All, 

A simple question: 

Have a column with either 1 value say 23-05-2020 OR  null. Want to replace all null values with this non-null value(23-05-...)

I do not want to hard code it as this value will change as per the new input file. I tried multi row but it doesn't do anything. (code below) , All null values are indeed null(checked through data cleansing). 

If isnull([Week Ending]) then [Row-1:Week Ending] else [Week ending] endif

Any help is appreciated. thanks!

15 REPLIES 15
shreya2811
7 - Meteor

Yes

shreya2811_0-1623178974741.png

Luke_C
17 - Castor

That doesn't look like the multi-row formula tool. Can you share those configurations please? Have you tried to review the solutions posted to see where the gap might be?

shreya2811
7 - Meteor

no grouping in multi row , yea have looked at some other solutions are tried it but still stuck

shreya2811_0-1623179511419.png

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@shreya2811 In the top section is there a reason you're updating the REGION field rather than the WEEK_ENDING field? That seems to be the issue. 

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @shreya2811 ,

I built a tool to do this, is this what you're after? It simply fills in all values from the values above if it's null.

Have a go and let me know.

M.

Bulien

shreya2811
7 - Meteor

Worked like a charm! That was a very stupid mistake I did, you are awesome Luke, thanks for spending the day fixing this..have a GREAT day, will bother you again as I need to build a complex workflow using these results. Ciao 🙂 

Labels