Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fill in macro's User Interface parameters from within enclosing workflow

oleksandr_titorchuk
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I have a macro with user interface (app to update.yxmc). Is it possible to pass parameters for this macro (i.e. values for Column 1/2/3) automatically - without any user interaction - from an enclosing workflow (i.e. updating workflow.yxwz)?

Attaching example for reference.

Thank you.

KR,
Oleksandr

5 REPLIES 5
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @oleksandr_titorchuk ,

Not totally sure if this is doable through interface tools, but there is a workaround.

In your macro, you can use a macro input tool and in the configuration window of that tool you are allowed to enable field mapping

AngelosPachis_0-1615451842841.png

If you allow that, then in the configuration window of the macro you will have some dropdown menus that allow you to map each field of the input to the fields in the macro input tool.

AngelosPachis_1-1615451899236.png

Hope that helps,

Angelos

oleksandr_titorchuk
7 - Meteor

Thank you, @AngelosPachis - it is definitely a good suggestion, but I would still like to know if it's possible to accomplish this without modifying the macro (i.e. replacing Text Box tool with Macro Input).

Will keep it open for now just to see if anyone else has any other ideas.

Ben_H
11 - Bolide

Hi @oleksandr_titorchuk,

The only way I can think to do it would be to put the macro you want to update inside a batch macro.

You would have control paramaters updating the fields in your macro, and on the outside of the batch macro your text input could just read straight into the batch, mapped against the correct fields.

You may well introduce other issues to fix with it being a batch but I'm sure you could resolve that.

As with the above suggestion this might not suit your purpose, and it's effectively the same solution thing just one level removed.

Regards,

Ben

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @oleksandr_titorchuk 

I think the only other way would be to put this macro you want, inside of a new macro and have something like this below (attached WF for reference).

pedrodrfaria_0-1615466507925.png

oleksandr_titorchuk
7 - Meteor

@pedrodrfaria@Ben_H  - thank you, guys! That's exactly what I was looking for!

Labels