Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

File Browse .txt file in Alteryx Server

garretwalters12
8 - Asteroid

Is it possible to upload a txt file in the alteryx server? See attached file browse configuration and error message.

File Browse.pngError.png

17 REPLIES 17
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @garretwalters12 

Instead of using the regular "Update Input Tool" option, try to use the "Update Value" option and replace the file path.

See image below.

Thableaus_0-1592834520229.png

If you have the input tool correctly configured, it should work. Txt files are most of the times interpreted as CSV format in Alteryx.

Cheers,

garretwalters12
8 - Asteroid

Works when testing in developer but not in the actual server

garretwalters12
8 - Asteroid

-

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@garretwalters12 

I just tested using the option I mentioned to you (Action tool with "Update Value") and it worked fine on Server.

Version 2019.4

Cheers,

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@garretwalters12 

Current setup of the Input Tool being fed by the File Browse tool.

Thableaus_0-1592841045581.png

Cheers,

garretwalters12
8 - Asteroid

Must be a 2020.1 version issue. I have the exact set-up you mentioned.

NewTableauBie
6 - Meteoroid

NewTableauBie_0-1615332383970.png

trying to tackle the same issue using file browser and update value.  However, i don't see the options of selecting the file path as you did.   The picture shows what I see when selecting 'Update value'. 

Alteryx_Geek
8 - Asteroid

@garretwalters12 - I am having same issues as yours, same version. Were you able to identify the fix ?

garretwalters12
8 - Asteroid

I ended up having to configure the file in designer as a csv and set the Arbitrary file Specification to "Text Files (*.txt)|.*txt|All Files (*.*)|*.*". This allowed me to upload a txt file to the server.

Labels