Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

File Browse Tool and using hardcoded sheet name and data area from a input tool.

KaneHenderson97
5 - Atom

Hi all, 

Wondering if there is a simple answer to the problem i am encountering in my workflow. 

I am looking to use a file browse tool to specify the file name of an input which i would like to use within my input tool to transform data across multiple tabs. 

KaneHenderson97_0-1669821581297.png

KaneHenderson97_1-1669821604096.png

I am looking to achieve an app where the file extension is updated based on the users selection, but the file browse tool will not ask for the sheet name, it will instead use the sheet name dictated in my input tool along with the prespecified data area. Is this possible? Or does anyone have any advice? 

Thanks in advance,

Kane

4 REPLIES 4
Garabujo7
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @KaneHenderson97 ,

You may try with a text field to allow the user to input the file name and extension they'd like. Then use a formula tool to update the file name and extension.

Gabriel

KaneHenderson97
5 - Atom

Hi @garabujo7, 

Thanks for your reply! Is there a particular function to use in the formula too? 

Thanks again,

Kane

Garabujo7
Alteryx
Alteryx

Yes indeed.

Garabujo7_0-1669828152187.png

Gabriel

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

For "use a formula tool to update the file name and extension", try the Replace function in a Formula tool.

Chris

Labels