Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Field mapping

Karthick_sankar
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am trying to consolidate some information from multiple Clients, unfortunately the files are not in the standard format, Therefore I have created a Column mapping table using excel for each client (refer the snapshot). How can we map the input fields in Alteryx using the mapping table to get the desired output?

Thanks in advance for your supportField mapping table.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Try the Dynamic Rename tool, under the Developer tab.  Or just search for it using the top-right search bar.  Open the example workflow with a right-click, or directly from the search results.

You can import your client file, and use your mapping table with the Dynamic Rename tool to change the field names to your Desired Field Name.

Chris

Karthick_sankar
6 - Meteoroid

I tried but it didn't work as expected, Could you share a sample workflow please?

Sorry I am just a beginner in Alteryx.

Thanks a lot!

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello,

I see what you mean. if I understand you correctly, you will have a a different file for each client. each client will have different field name. you are trying to standardize or unify the field name across all clients. very good idea. So, you created a mapping table to include field names for each client. First, I recommend that you include all the fields that you want to include in your mapping table even if not dynamic. this is fruitful for any future changes. Please see attached. test it and ensure it works with different combinations.

Using dynamic rename as suggested is the way, but first you need to determine which client and what fields before doing so. Check workflow and it should give you an idea.

I hope this helps.

Karthick_sankar
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you very much, this is exactly what I am looking for.

Karthick_sankar
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks a lot! your suggestion works as expected

aoki11
5 - Atom

Hello Imad,

I have a similar problem to solve.

I need to map txt files that doesn't have field headers into an Excel template that has field names. 

I also have a separate excel file that has column mapping table of the txt file columns and it has the corresponding field names.

Using these three file, I tried creating a worksteam to map the txt file to the Excel template with field headers. But still not working out 100%. 

Would you able to help with your suggestion?

Thank you!

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Heloo @aoki11 ,

Of course, It will much easier if you give us some sort of indicative input that we can work with.

Meanwhile, We will look.

Labels