Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Failed to retrieve the data connections from the gallery

kowan
6 - Meteoroid

Dear All 

I would like to ask you if you know what can be the problem. 

For sure I'm added into the shared data connectors in Alteryx Gallery (I also remember that it was working in the past), but now I have:

"Failed to retrieve the data connections from the gallery" for all the past connectors. Also I'm not able to see the new data connector which for sure was shared with me. 

Do you have any idea where can be the issue? I'm not the admin. 

kowan_0-1668598204516.png

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kowan,

Are you able to connect to the Server itself? Either from opening workflows or saving them to the gallery?

Similarly, do you know the person who has created these connections within the gallery?

Thanks

Will

kowan
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, yes I'm able to connect to the Server (it is our company server). I can open / save. Some of the connections was created by the previous admin (who is not working), but there is new connection to which I was added but I'm unable to see it. Another person (who is admin) is able to see all without any errors. 

Thanks

Kornelia

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Kornelia,

Okay, are the errors you are seeing for the historic connections that were created, or for the new connection?

If you are able to speak with the admin to double check that any new connection has been shared with you as a user / group in the Admin portal of Server. Then if you can refresh your connections / sync all and see if these are then available to you.

Thanks,

Will

kowan
6 - Meteoroid

Error is within the old connections. But I know that there is new connection shared to me which I'm unable to see. Sync All has no impact. Still the same. And for sure I was on the user list within th connections. Also admin person is able to see all without any problems (I mean using Manage Data Connections) 

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

It would seem that there is an issue with the syncing to your local designer. If you are able to test a couple of options

• Re-connect to Server
    • Input Tool -> Data Connections -> Server -> '+ Server' (in top right) -> enter Server URL and authentication
  • Test with any other users
    • Has the admin granted any other users permission to this connection? 
    • If so, are they able to see it in their Designer?

Thanks

Will

kowan
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, are you able to show me the point 1? because I'm not sure if I'm doing good. First of all I remove the gallery and then:

kowan_0-1668601682496.png

Add a galery: 

kowan_1-1668601785010.pngkowan_2-1668601863170.png

but still the same:

kowan_3-1668601898241.png

but there is no problem with opening and saving workflows. 

kowan
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @wdavis I checked with my colleague and she is doesn't have problem:

kowan_1-1668767747026.png

but i still have issue:

kowan_0-1668767798413.png

Could you please advise? we are both added?

Thanks

Kornelia

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Kornelia,

Can you confirm the version of Alteryx Designer you are using? And if you are both on the same version?

Kind regards,

Will

kowan
6 - Meteoroid

Hi :)  we are both using 2021.3  - this is also the server verision. Thanks Kornelia

Labels