Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

FX Work Flow

Arkouda
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx Community 

I have built a work flow where I have taken 2 input files

1) is the currencies by month and total USD_Forecast

2) is the FX rates by month 
Balance 

Outcome 

I want to validate the the transactional currencies and recalculate these values by using the FX Rates and validating this against the USD_Forecast value by month but running into Type issues.

I have attached my current work flow for review as well as the input files

thank you 

5 REPLIES 5
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Arkouda 

I'm not really sure what you are trying to compare these values with. After joining and calculating the value, what are we comparing these amounts to?

pedrodrfaria_1-1610050189568.png

I added the workflow for reference.

Pedro.

Arkouda
8 - Asteroid

Hi Pedro 

Thank you for the quick response

I was going to add another variance to calculate the Sum of the calculated to USD to the USD_Forecast 

do you know how I will do this so it can calculate it by month 

Arkouda_0-1610052462800.png

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Arkouda 

If you could provide more context or dummy data, if you be helpful so we can properly explain it.

But you would need to summarize and group by to get the total per month (I'm assuming you want the monthly total, if you don't just dont group by, just sum it all) then join it back in back month and calculate the variance. See the workflow below.

pedrodrfaria_0-1610052844717.png

Pedro.

Arkouda
8 - Asteroid

Hi Pedro 

This is what I want to accomplish input file against the alteryx calc by month 

Arkouda_0-1610053919986.png

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Arkouda 

It is kinda hard to piece it all together of what you are trying to do. But I'm pretty sure this workflow will help you get to the point you are trying to get. 

I updated the workflow to consider the data input you have. I didn't add everything because it would be a lot to type out, but you can add the data input on your end and see if makes sense. 

This filter right here can be deleted, I was just filtering to see how the data moves along the workflow 

pedrodrfaria_0-1610055283068.png

I recommend you to double check to see if both formula tools in the workflow are doing exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

Pedro.

Labels