Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

FTP file Tranfers to Outside Vendor Timing Out

Jay2022
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to transfer some files via SFTP/FTP to an outside vendor. Locally the flow works just fine, but once I tried to send the file outside of the company's network to another SFTP/FTP site the flow keeps on timing out ( error message "error transferring data . timeout reached").

It doesn't look like it is a firewall issue as the IP's are not being blocked.

Has anyone work been able to set up a flow to pick files (such as Excel), transformed into blob, then transfer to an outside vendor FTP site folder? I can access the vendor's site with the credentials using Filezilla  by the way, so it is not a credentials issue.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Jay2022 

This is a pretty good write up on the process: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Upload-to-SFTP-FTP/ta-p/208... 

Can you take a look at the link and make sure everything is configured properly on your end? 

Jay2022
8 - Asteroid

hi BrandonB - I actually followed those steps when I started this flow and customized it to my needs in vain. I guess my issue is is with the timeout error when I run the flow and how long it takes to run. This should be a quick file transfer/upload once I convert the file in to a blob. It makes me wonder if the issue is with the vendor site and not me.

Adding a screenshot of my flow for better understanding 

Jay2022_0-1682706580247.png

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

It could be the vendor site, but I also wonder if it has to do with the FTP tool at the end of your workflow. Do you experience the same thing when taking the download tool approach? 

Jay2022
8 - Asteroid

Either with tool gets me the same results, I added the upload tool because it is more specific on where the file should land in the vendor site as they have a folder for me. But I do wonder if it is the vendor but again I still need to know what to ask them as in why my file is not transferring when I can clearly access the site.

Labels