Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Exporting multiple tabs to Excel but with similar data

TinaLong
7 - Meteor

Hi, I'm still new to Alteryx.  I work in health care philanthropy.  I built a workflow that prepares and exports data to Excel for gift officers of those who have expressed gratitude. There are 30 columns of data (Tab 2 - Gift Officer's List).  I  also need another tab (Tab 1 - Physician's List) of the first 18 columns.  I'm attaching a watered down version - fake data - of what I would like the end result to be.  Bottom-line, how do I use almost the same data,  in a new tab -  but just the first few columns?  Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@TinaLong 
Are you saying that you want to create a new Tab that 

Copy Tab "Gift Officer's List " but remove column "K" and "L"?

TinaLong
7 - Meteor

Yes, that is correct.  Remove columns K and L - in this fake version. Thanks for asking.

TinaLong
7 - Meteor

Yes, that is correct.  Remove columns K and L - in this fake version. Thanks for asking.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@TinaLong 
If that is the case, we can just read all the data with Alteryx, then use a Selet tool to deselect Columns K and L then output to the existing Excel by specifying the path.
Unless I misunderstoold your intention?

0906-TinaLong.PNG

TinaLong
7 - Meteor

Hi, okay, I'm going to give this a try.  Will this then give me 2 tabs in my final output?  One tab with columns A-J and a second Excel tab with columns A-L?

reedy212
7 - Meteor

I've attached a workflow that you should be able to adapt. Split your outputs into two streams, adding a formula with a file path that names sheet 1 and 2. Then you can select only the desired columns for each Sheet. 

TinaLong
7 - Meteor

Thank you, @reedy212, this got me so close to where I want to be.  After using your sample workflow, in order to get both tabs in one workflow, I used the STOP Tool, this allow the second workflow to pause until the first one was complete, thus magically putting them in the same workbook.

@Qiu, your tip was also very helpful, when suggesting selecting only the fields I want to see while using the SELECT tool!  

Thank you both, I got exactly what I need.

Tina

2023-09-06_16-41-18.jpg

Labels