Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Executing Respective App Based on the User Selection.

aburugu
5 - Atom

Hi Team,

We have a requirement to run multiple app basis on the user input. Lets say, a check box contains two values "A","B".

If any user selects "A", first app has to be run and respective  parameters should be able to pass.

If any user selects "B", second app has to be run and respective  parameters should be able to pass.

We tried enabling containers with app interface. But we are getting error like "Disabled containers may not contain interface tools".

I appreciate the response with the possible solution on how to pass the parameters based on the users selection.

3 REPLIES 3
drew9
9 - Comet

Hi @aburugu , I was actually just working on an app like this. I've attached screenshots as examples. Your workflow is likely correct, you just need to remove any interface tools from containers, as if a user selects "A" and disables container "B", this is what is throwing the error. 

Let me know if you have any more questions about setting up dynamic apps based on user selection, hoping this fixes your issue though. 

aburugu
5 - Atom

Thank you!!, I have moved only the interface tools out of the container and it worked. 

drew9
9 - Comet

Great! Please accept my answer as a solution if this solved your issue 🙂

Labels