The Community SSO is undergoing updates. Users signing in may experience issues. We appreciate your patience as we complete these updates.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Excel input translation to multiple languages

AbhijeetChib
8 - Asteroid

Good Day Everyone !

I have a requirement where, I am sending out emails notifications with a table and multiple fields in them. 

Here is a screenshot of the email notification that is sent 

AbhijeetChib_0-1656590264114.png

I need to convert this table into multiple different languages 

1. French 

2. Spanish and more 

How do i convert the input excel file into different languages ? I thought of adding a country filter and writing parallel workflows for all of them. 

Or is there a way to translate the final result into different languages and email them?

Regards 

6 REPLIES 6
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @AbhijeetChib,

Have you tried the Google Auto Translate Macro on the community gallery? It should be able to translate your table for you.

AbhijeetChib
8 - Asteroid

Hi @IraWatt 

It translates one field at a time, i have like 20. 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@AbhijeetChib If you transpose your data onto one line you can then feed all the data in at once:

IraWatt_1-1656596620094.png

Then cross tab the information back into shape. 

AbhijeetChib
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @IraWatt 

The tools seems to throw this error 

AbhijeetChib_0-1656597393710.png

AbhijeetChib
8 - Asteroid

Looks like server version issues. 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ah I think I've seen that error before. That's referring to your python environment in here: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs. You may need to update designer to get the new environment. 

Labels