Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Excel format is changing

SureshBurra1982
7 - Meteor

Hello all,

I am using one formatted (It has formulas and colors as well for some fields) excel file. My Alteryx program is appending few rows of data to the same file then total excel is becoming to normal excel file with out any existing data formulas and colors. 

Could you please help me on this. What steps do I need to follow in order to get output excel also in the same like input

2 REPLIES 2
Benjamin_TheCoder
6 - Meteoroid

Hi SureshBurra1982,

You can't have colors and formulas in Alteryx cells, unless you make the formulas a string in Excel. You can do this by appending a ' in front of the formula. (But then the formulas don't work anymore, they only show)

ALBLIN01
5 - Atom

Hi,

I know this is a year-old thread, but you can achieve to maintain the input excel format and formula by using blob input and output tool. You can first identify the last row where you can add the new rows that you want to add, then you can save the input into a location using blob output, make sure that you use Block Until Done and process the saving of blob output in process 1. Lastly you can update the save copy of the input file using the output tool and select update sheet/cell/row. 

Labels