Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Excel file not being auto-calculated after data exported from Alteryx to it.

JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I am seeking some advice or solutions on this case-

I have a workflow to export data to a certain sheet of an Excel file which contains multiple sheets and calculations. The problem I have now is the entire Workbook is not being refreshed after the data has been exported from Alteryx to Excel. I have to manually open the file and then just save it to have all formulas refreshed. And only after that, the following procedures can be performed. Otherwise, the numbers will still be based on the old data.

PS. the Excel workbook is configured to auto-calculate. 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @JokeFun 

Alteryx will only write data to the xlsx file, but it will not trigger Excel's own formula data refresh or automatic recalculation, no matter if you configure the xlsx file as manual calculation or automatic calculation, so if you want to achieve automatic calculation after writing new data To calculate and refresh the table, the following methods are recommended:
1- Utilize python module to write data to xlsx file and refresh code with automatic calculation.
2- Manually open the Excel file to refresh to calculate the new data.
3- Use the Run Command tool or Event to configure the data to automatically open and calculate new data after writing to the Excel file.

Labels