Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel - Importing particular cell from multiple tabs

furlonla
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I have one Excel with several tabs, I would like to import the name of one tab in column and Cell F61 from each tab in another column. Is this possible? 

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks, 

Laura

8 REPLIES 8
Blake
12 - Quasar

Hi @furlonla you can use a batch macro to do this. I have attached an example that should work. It will take some adjusting to make it dynamic but will work for your "C61" request.

Blake_0-1602003803548.png

Workflow above, macro innards below. 

Blake_1-1602003841328.png

Make sure that you point the control parameter at the field called "FileName" 

Blake_0-1602004258823.png

furlonla
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for looking into this. Could you please upload the in .yxmd format please, and not as the entire workflow. Think I need to update!

Blake
12 - Quasar

@furlonla 

Hi Laura, 

The previously attached file was a .yxzp (workflow package) which contains the macro and a sample workflow. It was created on 2020.2. I've updated the 3 files that made up the package to this message as version 2019.2.

You can just download the 3 attached files and put them in the same folder in order to get it to work. You'll need the .yxmc file but you won't need to open it. 

Let me know if this doesn't work (or make sense) and I can help further. 

Thanks! 

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

To use a workflow created in a later version of Alteryx:

See #2 in the attached file: Adjusting Alteryx Files for Different Versions 

furlonla
8 - Asteroid

Hi Blake,

Thanks for all the help. I think that the macro may be too advanced for my Alteryx skills at the moment.

Not really sure where to start! Do I attach my input to the macro? Does the filter output look correct? I've attached  screenshots. Thanks.

Thanks anyway

Blake
12 - Quasar

Hey Laura, 

Let me know if the steps below help. 

1. Open the batch.yxmd file. You also need to have the batchreadsheets.yxmc (that is the macro file) in the same folder location so that you do not have to change any of the mapping. You do not need to open the macro.  

Blake_1-1602031085757.png

2. Update the Input Data tool with your file. If prompted to select a sheet, select "list of sheet names" 

Blake_2-1602031157555.png

3. Click on the macro. Make sure that the field "FileName" is mapped in the configuration panel. 

Blake_3-1602031225186.png

4. Hit Run! You should get the results you're looking for. 

If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a private message and we can get this worked out offline. 

Thanks and good luck! 

Blake
12 - Quasar

Hey Laura, 

I realized that you were asking for cell F61, not C61. I fixed the workflow/macro and edited the post above. Download those files and give it another run.

Thanks!

furlonla
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a mill, that worked

Labels