Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error with Jupyter Flow Tool Output

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey all,
I'm currently trying to get set up with the Jupyter Flow Tool. I've been able to follow this tutorial for getting set up exactly, and it works perfectly fine until I try to output:

Untitled.png

When i add this commented line to output to the workflow, i get the following errors:

2023-07-06 01:38:01,595 ERROR 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x8f in position 318903: character maps to <undefined>
2023-07-06 01:38:01,595 ERROR 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x8f in position 318903: character maps to <undefined>

As soon as I remove the line:

"#ayx_output"
it works fine again.

The log is not also the most helpful for identifying whats causing this issue, although i did notice these errors:

Untitled2.png

(Full log attached)

I don't fully understand these errors to be related, however:

This suggests that the tool/V_Env is missing libraries, I can verify that the tool has pyarrow by opening the tools requirement file in 7-zip:
Untitled3.png

and/or using pip show on the tools virtual environment:
Untitled4.png

for fun i also tried to install pyarrow on the jupyter notebook venv that I'm building and this didn't resolve the issue.

Alteryx Versions tested: 23.1(user) and 22.3(admin).

Tool Versions tested: v0.1, v0.2

Windows Versions tested: 10, 11

Any help would be massively appreciated, for specific environment reasons the Jupyter Flow tool will be so much more useful than the Python tool.

Bulien
2 REPLIES 2
taylordcpa644
5 - Atom

Hi @TheOC,

I have also been having the same issues with the tool for the past couple months. I just put a ticket in and got a solution from Alteryx Support. Apparently the error is due to the AMP engine. If you want to run the Jupyter Flow Tool, you need to turn the AMP engine off. When I turned it off, the tool finally worked for me. Hopefully it will do the same for you. 

redah
5 - Atom

Hi there,

Did you manage to solve this issue? I'm getting the same error. I also have the correct version of pyarrow and fastparquet installed. It only runs when I don't have "#ayx_output" at the end of my script.

Labels