Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error while connecting to an xls file

gagandeep_dhall
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone,

I am getting the following error while connecting to an .xls file in my folder:

"error opening connect string: microsoft access database engine: unexpected error from external database driver (22).\3275=-535434136"

but when I open the file in excel and save it again, this error goes away. 

Anything that I can do to do away this error?

Regards,

Gagandeep

3 REPLIES 3
gagandeep_dhall
8 - Asteroid

Adding to the note above, when I am trying to read using the "Directory tool", it is able to read the file, but as soon as I put a "Dynamic Input tool" in front of the "Directory Tool", it gives me the same error again

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @gagandeep_dhall ,

Are you sure all your Excel files are of the same type? If not, the dynamic input tool might error because of that.

Have a look at the following post, I think they had a a similar issue there :

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Manage-Data-Connections-Alteryx-11-0/t...

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Angelos

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @gagandeep_dhall 

I have attached below a workflow that I use at work that takes in all the XLS files in a folder and converts them to XLSX, which you will not have a problem to open them in Alteryx. It converts them to XLSX using a run command. It does not replace the old file, it will open each file in the background and save as a different type.

It is really fast and should do the trick. So after running this workflow, in the workflow you are having issues, just replace the data input from the xls files to the xlsx.

Let me know if you have any issues or questions.

Pedro.

Labels