Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error saving workflows and Output Data tool

someotherguy
8 - Asteroid

I get the following error when I try to save workflows 'Could not find a part of the path'

someotherguy_1-1656449592624.png

The output data tools give the following error when saving files to the network that were previously working fine.

Error: Output Data (189): Unable to Open archive for zipping: X:\xxxx.xlsx Can't open file: X:\xxxx.xlsx: The system cannot find the path specified. (3) 

Version: 2022.1.1.25127

Running Non-Elevated

Any Idea what is causing this issue?

Additionally the post button was grayed out for a significant portion of me creating the Subject, Body, and Labels.  Only after I refreshed the page and load the autosaved ticket was i able to click Post. 

Perhaps that why so many people are posting questions here:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Community-Resources/Posting-for-Fastest-Possible-Solution/t...

4 REPLIES 4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@someotherguy Sounds like the network file structure or permissions has changed I would double check the file path exists.

alishadhillon__
8 - Asteroid

Hi @someotherguy 

You could try to create a file path in a formula tool and then in the output, there is a tick box at the bottom called 'Take file/ table name from field' which you would select, and in the drop-down, select the field.

Take a look at the solution in this post: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Output-error-Unable-to-open-archive-fo...

Just to note, you would want to make sure that the file path is correct. I like to copy and paste it from my file directory just to be sure.

someotherguy
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt  The path exists because I can navigate to the file, open it, then get the error when I save.  Our IT said no permissions have changed.

someotherguy
8 - Asteroid

The issue was caused by an accidentally started offline file share that was trying to sync a network directory to my local machine, the sync was started but immediately paused. A few days later IT changed some permissions that required admin access to disable the sync.  IT was not aware of anyone actually using offline file share on our network.

Labels