Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error opening connect string.

Muhummad_Solehudin
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I have got the Error: Input Data (1): Error opening connect string: \08001 = 17 and I have downloaded Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 but I get the same error.

fyi the input is in database.

3 REPLIES 3
Raj
14 - Magnetar

The error message "Error opening connect string: \08001 = 17" typically indicates that the database connection could not be established due to a mismatch between the driver version and the database version. Here are a few things you can try to resolve this error:

1. Install the correct version of the Microsoft Access Database Engine: Make sure you have installed the correct version of the Microsoft Access Database Engine that matches the version of the database you are trying to connect to.

2. Check the connection string: Verify that the connection string you are using is correct and includes all necessary information such as the server name, database name, and authentication credentials.

3. Update or reinstall the driver: If you continue to receive the error message, you may need to update or reinstall the driver.

4. Use a different database connection method: If the error persists, try connecting to the database using a different method, such as ODBC or OLE DB, to see if this resolves the issue.

Muhummad_Solehudin
7 - Meteor

Hi Raj,

I have followed your solution but the error not solve.

Muhummad_Solehudin
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have resolved the error by reconnecting the connection to the database.

Labels