Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error message "The score output "Iterative Output" was not a valid output

franc1s
8 - Asteroid

Capture 20apr.PNGWhen running an iterative macro standalone, I am able to generate the desired result, but, when I call this macro from within a batch macro I am getting the above mentioned error. 

The problem starts when I remove the Output at the bottom. Attaching it again after the error occurs doesnt make the error go away.

It doesnt give me any clue as to where the problem occurs, or what is going wrong.

Can someone provide some insight? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @franc1s,

One thing you can try is setting the workflow to not cancel running workflow on error (tick box shown in image below). This will output the results of the macros hopefully allowing you to further dissect the problem.  

IraWatt_0-1650382010869.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

An image of the error could be useful as it should have next to the message which tool that caused the error. From the sounds of the error something in the irritative macro causes the output metadata to change (eg. different number of columns or data types). Cant say for sure without workflow or image. 

franc1s
8 - Asteroid

Indeed the macro was changing data. I have resolved this now. Thanks @IraWatt .

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Awesome no worries! :) 

mvu
5 - Atom

Hi @franc1s  , can you provide any insight on how you had fixed this? I am having the same issue here with very little insight to go by.

Labels