Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error in output to a TDE file

yikl
7 - Meteor

Hi all

I am quite new to Alteryx. 

I want to output data to a tde file.  To test it, I have created a simple text input and output directly to a tde on my local machine.  But I encounter a "network error".  I have Tableau 2018.1 installed on my machine but is there is any prerequisite before I can output a tde file.  I also create output to .hyper and no error is reported.Capture.PNG

I have searched the forum for an answer but I can't find one.  So hope the experts here can shed some lights.

4 REPLIES 4
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @yikl

Having Tableau installed or not is kinda irrelevant in this situation, because the .TDE is just a data file as any other.

I ran the workflow in my machine with the relative paths applied and it worked fine.

One question: where are you actually outputting this .TDE file? Is it a network path? Or is it local?

Cheers,

yikl
7 - Meteor
Hi Thableaus

I run the flow locally

Yikl
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@yikl

Hmm, I still think it is a path related error.

Have you tried saving to different paths? 

Try a simple one like your Desktop - be sure to make it an absolute path, not a relative one.

Cheers,

yikl
7 - Meteor

Thanks Thabeaus

I figure the reason.  It's a permission settings..  I need to run the program as administrator in order to generate the tde file.  

yikl

Labels