Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error in macro when activating AMP

Youssef_BenSalem
7 - Meteor

Hi

I hope that you are doing well

I created a macro that is working correctly on designer and server before

Now that i activate the AMP, I start getting validation errors when publishing the workflow using that macro.

Also when opening the workflow ( with AMP) on designer calling the macro it shows error in it, but once I run the workflow,  it completes successfully and the error disappears.

I have the feeling that it is evaluating the macro without taking in consideration the inputs as it is telling me that the inputs are not available ( which actually are available coming fromprevious tools connected to the macro). Also i get an error that i do not understand which is " the tool is reporting again that it is 'complete' "

Do you have any idea please. 

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Youssef_BenSalem ,

Can you provide some information please?

Perhaps if you can show us the error, provide the workflow and macro with some dummy (but representative) data etc.

M.

Bulien

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Are you possibly using some Connector tools that only work without AMP? Connectors are documented here: https://help.alteryx.com/20223/designer/connectors 
But for now you need to drill down to each Connector download page in Community (from what I can tell) and if it does not say 

• Requires AMP engine.

then it is an e1-only supported Connector. Technically, with AMP it should just fall back to the original engine for those connectors that are not required to use AMP but It's the only thing I can think of that might be causing your issue. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
Youssef_BenSalem
7 - Meteor

Hi Tonya

Thank you for replying 

Actually not the ones on the list but the one speecial tool I am using is the dynamic replace 

Could it be the reason?

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

What version of Designer are you seeing this on? And do you have a screen shot of the actual error you get? It shouldn't be the Dynamic Replace tool. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
Labels