Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error in hyper created by Alteryx

FilipR
11 - Bolide

I use Alteryx to create a Tableau Server Data Source. When I run the workflow I get no errors, and when I go to the published dashboard, I see no errors. However, when a different user (with less permissions than me, but with enough to open the dashboard) tries to open the dashboard, they see this error instead:

FilipR_0-1664284010026.png

I know the error is somewhere in the workflow I created, but how can I find it, if Alteryx doesn't recognize it anywhere?

2 REPLIES 2
Pawel_Paleczny
9 - Comet

It seems to be problem on the Tableau side, could you please share more details? Here's proposal of solution from Tableau community:

"DataServiceFailure
Unable to connect to the server "localhost". Check that the server is running and that you have the access privileges to the requested database."

Or
User(s) do not have permission to access datasource.
There was an error with the data source "[DataSourceName]". Verify that the data source is configured correctly.

Option 2Republish the workbook using Embedded password for the published data source(s).
  1. Open the affected published workbook in Tableau Desktop. See Open a published workbook from the server for steps. 
  2. Republish the workbook and ensure the Authentication setting for all published data sources are set to Embedded password. See Set Credentials for Accessing Your Published Data for more information. 
Option 3Re-save the workbook using web authoring and embed credentials. 
  1. As the workbook author or site administrator, edit the workbook using web authoring.
  2. Select File, and Save As...
  3. Give the workbook the same name as the existing workbook to overwrite it, and select the Embed password for data source box. 
  4. Select Save.
FilipR
11 - Bolide

@Pawel_Paleczny

I already had a similar case before and then it was related to Smartsheet (a value with a $ sign was read as Double, and the force conversion to Double was causing this weird issue). In my current workflow I am not connecting to Smartsheet, however.

Turns out I'm an idiot and the problem was on the Tableau side this time. 😅

Labels