Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error in Stepwise

wmacooper4
7 - Meteor

I get the error in the attached screen shot whenever I try to run stepwise.  I checked and I don't have any missing values in my data.

How can I eliminate this error?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @wmacooper4,

The Stepwise tool requires 2 inputs - the output stream from a Count Regression, Gamma Regression, Linear Regression or Logistic Regression tool used to create the "maximal" model, and the same Alteryx data stream that was used to create the "maximal" model. 

Based on the attached error, it appears that you are not entering a model object from the above named tools - unless there is one saved in your yxdb?

Please let us know, thanks.

wmacooper4
7 - Meteor

I was trying to see if there was something wrong with the tool.  When I attached a logistic regression tool, it seems to be stuck at 26% progress.

How long should it take to run?  I typically have 25-30 predictor variables in my models.

Thanks.

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

How long it takes to run depends on a lot of things - your machine specs, how many records you're running, as well as your data.  If you let it run, how long does it take to complete?

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@wmacooper4

As a comparative benchmark, I just happened to run a Stepwise on a Logistic Regression with 500K+ records and 27 variables.

It took about 1 1/2 hours for the process to finish.

That's with a 2.60 GHz machine with 16GB of RAM.

And keep in mind that the % progress will not change that much during the process.

wmacooper4
7 - Meteor

Our system was down on Fri, that explains the delayed response.

I changed it to what you instructed me to do, and now I get a new error message.  What does this mean?

Please see attachment.

Thanks.

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @wmacooper4, is your Stepwise input the same Alteryx data stream that was used to create your "maximal" logistic model?  The error indicates that it's different data.  Thanks.

wmacooper4
7 - Meteor

Ok, that explains it.  Looks like I'll have to use something else to do stepwise.

Labels