Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error Validating Workflow When Saving to Gallery

mattpeltcfa
7 - Meteor

My workflow works fine each day when I run in Designer, but I cannot properly save and schedule it in the gallery because I cannot validate the workflow. The error message below is related to the directory - I use a directory to find the most recent file added to a specific folder in our company's internal drive, which then flows into a dynamic input tool which may be causing the issue.

mattpeltcfa_0-1642611522765.png

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Is your directory tool accurately referencing a UNC on the server? You can publish without validation but you will get an error if your path is in correct. You also cannot use a folder browse tool on Server.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @mattpeltcfa 

Adding to @apathetichell point.

Make sure the file is placed in the shared drive, provide complete its complete path and also make sure the server has access to the shared drive. Most of the time access needs to be granted for the shared drive access.

Sine you mentioned dynamic input tool make sure the template file is also on the shared drive location and the complete path is used.

Hope this helps : )

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@atcodedog05- am I missing something here - I never (or almost never) use Dynamic Input. Dynamic In-DB - yes. Dynamic Input - no.

@mattpeltcfa- if you are having some issues with dynamic input they would point to schematic differences which would lead to the "use a batch macro" suggestion. CFA? are you doing something fun with FMCAR ?- 🙂

pchandran
5 - Atom

Me too facing similar issue. My workflow uses an input file from a shared path and creates output in a shared folder. While testing everything goes fine (by running the workflow manually). However when I tried to save them in gallery I am getting 'File not found' for input tool and 'Cannot access the folder' for creating output. Fortunately I still can schedule them in gallery to run with my personal credentials and its running fine. My question here is, which user ID Alteryx Designer will be using while validating the workflow when we attempt to save it in gallery. If it is my own ID, I already have the needed access and hence I assume it uses a different ID for validation.

Labels