Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error Message Tool with Multiple containers in App

VijayAnaparthi
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I have multiple containers each container will be enabled if you click on the respected checkbox of that container in App.  Each checkbox has textbox also.

My question is i want to use error message tool along with textbox, i am able to use it but that error message tool has to be enabled only if i click on respected checkbox(container) not for every checkboxes.

5 REPLIES 5
Samantha_Jayne
Alteryx
Alteryx

It depends what you are trying to test @VijayAnaparthi if you would like to test the data in flow within each container I would recommend a TEST tool, (or a message tool depending on what you are trying to achieve) which can be set to support and if you check the box in configuration to "cancel running workflow on error" then it also helps. Interface tools cannot reside within disabled tool containers as they are designed to be the interaction between the user and the workflow. Therefore must be enabled to allow that.

Test Tools with Containers.PNGCancel Workflow on Error.PNG

Samantha Clifton
Alteryx
#alteryxrocks
VijayAnaparthi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Samantha_Jayne, Yeah i have already used message tool to solve this problem and it worked for me. I forgot to post the solution here and thanks for posting the solution.

Samantha_Jayne
Alteryx
Alteryx

Glad it helped. Happy solving. S*

Samantha Clifton
Alteryx
#alteryxrocks
yue_zhang
5 - Atom

Hello, could you please share your solution here? i've got the same problem, i still want to use error message tool in container and let it show only when container is enabled. That would be very thankful!

yue_zhang
5 - Atom

Oh, never mind, Error message accepts many input, so i only need one more condition for error message expression. It's solved by myself. 

Labels