Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error: Email Tool "couldn't connect to server"

AkisM
10 - Fireball

Hi all,

I've made a workflow that is supposed to send some results out by email. The workflow works fine when run locally, and the emails also go through. I can save and validate the workflow to my company's gallery fine (unrestricted access, so download/email tools should work fine).

However, when I run the workflow on the gallery, I keep getting an error at the email tool, "couldn't connect to server". Any ideas why this happens only on the gallery and how to fix it? Attaching below screenshot. It's a gmail server so I don't see why there would be a firewall rule blocking it. Unless they're blocking all connections outside the company's intranet and I'm not aware. But in that case, then I would be getting an error at the download tool as well, right? Not only on the email tool.

Edit: Using Alteryx 2019.3.5.17947 if that's relevant.

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

It could be that Gmail is being blocked by the server firewall. Do you happen to have a contact from your IT team that you could verify if that web address is accessible from the Server? There doesn't necessarily have to a blanket rule that blocks all traffic, it could be particular sites. 

AkisM
10 - Fireball

Hi @BrandonB , considering we use GSuite as a company, and rely heavily on various google services, that is highly unlikely. We've used automated emails through google's servers before, just not using alteryx.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

This may be the case, but it wouldn't hurt to check. Do you happen to know your Alteryx Server admin? Another option would be for them to open up your Alteryx workflow on the server machine itself and run it to test functionality. 

mahadevaswab
8 - Asteroid

Hi @BrandonB 

I was tried to use the Email anchor in an analytical app and working well when used in system but same throwing an error when used in Gallery (Error is: Couldn't connect to server (Tool Id: 166))

Please advise.

Regards

Mahadev

Labels