Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error: Decision Tree (75): Tool #30: Exception parse error line: 2 column: 591 expected

Jegan
6 - Meteoroid

I am new new beginner to the data analytic and data mining.When I was doing my work,I encounter this bug where my tree decision model cannot compute the result and came out an error.Below I have inserted the sample data and workflow.Appreciate for the help .

5 REPLIES 5
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Jegan,

In the attached input file, you have deleted the column headers so we can't use it in the workflow to see what's wrong with it

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Jegan, I was able to fill out the column names based on the metadata from the saved workflow. However, the sample data does not meet the criteria on the filter Percentage > 0, therefore there are zero records going through.

Jegan
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the fast reply.Look like I messed up with data filtering when upload to the alteryx.Here is the link for the dataset I used :

https://www.kaggle.com/adityajha1504/google-merchandise-adding-to-cart-prediction

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Jegan, thank you for linking the original dataset. There are special characters that can cause errors on the Decision Tree tool. I checked and was able to find a & under the country field - Trinidad & Tobago, for instance. I then enabled the option to Remove Punctuation on the existing Data Cleansing tool you had. I also unchecked the date fields from this tool as they don't need any cleansing. Another issue you had was related to the Model Comparison tool. You have the value Yes for the positive class, however for your data the correct value is 1.

Jegan
6 - Meteoroid

Thank You for me helping me to solve my problem and pointing my mistakes😀😀

Labels