Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error: DataWrap2FGDB Bad row Value

AKlaur
6 - Meteoroid

Error:  DataWrap2FGDB: An error occurred in CreateTable: The row contains a bad value.

I have been having a lot of trouble geocoding features and exporting to a GDB.   I would like to know which row contains the Bad Value, Not just "The Row" as indicated here.  Because exporting to GDB is relativity new i am disregarding posts from 2 years ago which are not helpful with latest Alteryx

version.

13 REPLIES 13
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @AKlaur are you able to share a yxdb of the table you are attempting to export to FGDB? There are a number of limitations with the Esri formats, and we may be running into one of them.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

AKlaur
6 - Meteoroid

Yes, i have attached a .yxdb that is simply just the original ZIP code layer put into a Workflow, with an attempt to Write as a new table into an existing .gdb.   I have various other ZIP code layers and 0 have worked for writing from a geodatabase >manipulating > and then output into different geodatabase. Any tips are appreciated, Thank you.

*** this error Primarily Occurs when writing to a .GDB created in ESRI, and then , attempting to write to it from Alterytx.**

ZIP_Output.PNG

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @AKlaur,

I can write to a new FGDB, so the issue may be with what we are attempting to write out vs. what is currently in the FGDB. Do the layers that we are trying to write to have Z or M coordinates? We will not write (or read) to a layer with Z or M Coordinates.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl

AKlaur
6 - Meteoroid

No there is no Z or M coordinates.  The issue lie in what software program creates the initial database. If I create an Empty Database in ESRI ArcPro/ArcMap and attempt to use Alteryx to write to that database ,  Output data tool with ESRI GDB will not work.

I found a workaround that involves choosing "Overwrite Database" base from Alteryx, it allows to create a New database. (which is not intuitive).  From there the other options such as "create new table" in the output table will work.

Overwrite database is not an ideal solution, though. If there are several files being created in one workflow, only the last will remain, Unless the workflow is adjusted after intial create database, and changed to create "new Table option" in subsequent runs.

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

@AKlaur, What projection are the databases using? We currently have the limitation of only writing out to WGS 84 for FGDBs.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl

AKlaur
6 - Meteoroid

Right i understand that , Alteryx can  output a projection in a Shape file,  But converts the projects to GCS WGS 84 when outputting to GDB. I have tried inputting to Projected Data sets non projected datasets.  i believe the issue lies along , How the gdb was created, and how the schema is written.  I haven't found an Explicit list but I know that GDB will not accept int64 data types. I haven't tried all the string types to see which ones may cause a problem.

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

@AKlaur would you be able to create and share a GDB to go with the data above? That way I can take a look at it and try to see if anything stands out as the culprit. Also, what version of ArcMap/ArcPro are you using to create it?

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl

CharlesGartside1
5 - Atom

I have been experiencing this issue as well.

It only occurs for me if ArcGIS Pro creates the Geodatabase or if I modify an existing Geodatabase with ArcGIS Pro that was originally created in ArcGIS Desktop (I am currently running 10.6.1).  

AKlaur
6 - Meteoroid

So when you create the .gdb in ArcMap , there is no problem writing to it I Alteryx? i thought i figured a work around, But Now I continue to get

Error: Output Data (4): DataWrap2FGDB: An error occurred in CreateTable: General function failure.

Labels