Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Enable/Disable container box

Kamran1991
11 - Bolide

Hi community,

I am using three different methods to generate the output through an Alteryx workflow. Every time, I need to choose one of them. 

Can anyone please let me know which interface tool will help me, to activate a specific container ?

Anticipatory thanks,

Kamran

4 REPLIES 4
Deano478
12 - Quasar

hey @Kamran1991 you can do this using radio buttons in interface tools palette

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I’ll add to @Deano478‘s point. 

An option for users to select and for the option selected to expand would be to use the following interface tools: 

1. Check Box

2. Condition

3. Action

For your Check Box, connect it to Condition. For your condition, the formula should be [1], then it should go from True to the Action box down to the container. 

Then you should get it working depending on whether you want it enabled or disabled by default. 

Hope that helps @Kamran1991 !

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Kamran1991,

I'm actually a big fan of using the condition method mentioned above to be able to break out the logic in tools, but another option that's a bit tidier is to Update the 'Disabled' value of the container tool with a formula like so:

image.png

The formula is: IF [#1] = 'True' THEN 'False' ELSE 'True' ENDIF where #1 is referencing the name of the connection from the Radio Button. If it is selected, it's true, and therefore the 'Disabled' value of the container will be False (and therefore Active), otherwise if the Radio button is not selected, then disable it.

Just using the radio button connected to the container will work for two output options but not three.

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Just to simplify @JamesCharnley's formula - if you've only got 1 radio button attached to the action tool, then you can simplify the formula to simply be

![#1]

So when the radio button is selected, the container is not disabled, but when it's not selected then the container is disabled.

Ollie

Labels