Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email tool only sending to first CC recipient

phoebe_kelley
9 - Comet

Hello, my team is having issues with the email tool. It seems to send fine to multiple recipients in the To field, but only sends to the first recipient in the CC field. It is happening in multiple workflows and they all seem to be set up correctly (separated by semicolons, valid emails, etc.) Any idea what's going on here? They used to work just fine, it only started happening a few weeks ago.

10 REPLIES 10
Laurap1228
11 - Bolide

Emails in the Email Tool need to be separated by commas, not semi-colons, and there can't be any spaces. 

Laurap1228_0-1627316333534.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @phoebe_kelley 

Strange scenario. Incase if you dont find solution on community you can drop a mail to support@alteryx.com they should be able to help you.

Hope this helps : )

alphabex18
8 - Asteroid

Are you saying to show the multiple recipients, the separation has to be with commas instead of semicolons?

alphabex18
8 - Asteroid

My team is having the same issue. I am following in case a solution is presented. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @phoebe_kelley & @alphabex18 

Semicolon is correct. If To field are working properly CC field should also too. This seems like a bug or technical issue best option would be to drop a mail to support@alteryx.com .

phoebe_kelley
9 - Comet

It looks like the space breaks it in the CC line (but not in the TO line). I was able to get an email to all recipients on the CC line when I removed all spaces and used semicolons.

@alphabex18 hope that fixes your issue as well!

John_Abraham
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @phoebe_kelley. I had the same issue, and is working with no spaces in the cc list. Space works okay in the To field. It would be good if Alteryx can make the same rules for all email fields.

phoebe_kelley
9 - Comet

@John_Abraham I got an email back from the support team saying that the issue was fixed in a recent release. I can't update my designer yet, so I haven't confirmed, but sounds like they are aware of the issue and it is fixed in the newer version.

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

- Issue:
The emails are not sent to all email addresses in Bcc: section or the Cc: section when you have a space after the comma or semicomma between the addresses; the email is only sent to the first address in the Bcc: section or Cc: section..

- Cause:
Defect: DE22783/TDS-166
Fixed in 2021.2

- Workaround:
Remove the space after/before the next address.

Labels